Every woman wants to look young and healthy, but maintaining healthy and youthful skin becomes challenging as you age. It is quite possible for you to have fresh, healthy and youthful skin, but you may have to make some changes to your lifestyle. Can you do that? If yes, then you can follow the top tips outlined here for getting younger looking skin:
Tip 1: Maintaining a Healthy and Balanced Life
A healthy and balanced lifestyle involves making several changes, which include:
- Regular exercising: Not only does it tone your muscles and trim your waist line, it also gives you healthier skin. Blood flow gets a boost with physical activity, which removes waste and brings essential organs and nutrients to skin cells. This can eliminate free radicals and boost collagen production.
- Managing stress: Stress and anxiety can cause skin ageing because it increases the production of a hormone called cortisol that breaks down collagen. Cortisol production also leads to breakouts. Thus, managing stress and anxiety is necessary.
- Sleeping: Get plenty of sleep to ensure your body can function at its optimal level. If the body doesn’t have enough energy, it will start conserving and this can dull your skin.
- Healthy eating: What you eat can impact your skin as well. Salty, sweet, processed and fatty foods break down elastin and collagen, which dries your skin, makes it sag and leads to wrinkles. If you boost your consumption of minerals, vitamins and healthy fats, your skin’s elasticity and vibrancy will be enhanced and the risk of breakouts is reduced.
- Drinking water: Your skin needs lots of water to stay hydrated or else it will become flaky, tight, irritated and dry. Make sure you drink at least eight glasses of water daily.
Tip 2: Establishing a Skincare Regimen
- Sun protection: Limit exposure to the sun as much as possible and apply sunscreen when you go out because even 10 minutes exposure to UVA rays can age your skin.
- Face cleansing: Wash your face twice a day for unclogging the pores that may be full of dirt, oil, bacteria and products. Use a gentle cleanser with warm water and reduce the risk of breakouts.
- Moisturize regularly: This adds a layer of protection to the skin and can replenish flaky and dry skin. Lotions also help in sealing the skin’s natural moisture.
- Exfoliating weekly: Once or twice a week, you should exfoliate your skin as it promotes collagen production and cell renewal. This will unclog pores and remove the layers of dead skin.
- Anti-aging products: A derivative of Vitamin A, Retinoids can reduce the visible impacts of aging in women. They stimulate the production of collagen and the rate at which cells turn over.
Tip 3: Getting Dermatological Treatments
- Botox: Licensed dermatologists, such as Miracle Face Med Spa for Botox treatment in New York can give you Botox injections. It is a non-surgical treatment for fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin that occurs with age. This purified form of botulinum toxin can unclench muscles that cause wrinkles, laugh lines and crow’s feet. It is relatively painless and takes only a few minutes.
- Cosmetic fillers: Another non-surgical option, these are aimed at enhancing tissues underneath the problem areas of the skin. They can fill in folds and wrinkles and the type of fillers available include fat from your thigh, hyaluronic acid and collagen.
- Removing outer layers: Rather than skin exfoliation, you can opt for a microdermabrasion treatment in which small crystals are used for exfoliating the skin and can be helpful in removing scars, brown spots, fine lines and also repair damage caused by sun exposure.